1.28.2010

While standing in a hot shower today...

trying to relax my mind, I had the thought that I wish I could give one hot shower to every Haitian as a gift.  I pictured their elation to just stand there and have the luxury to wash away all the grit and grime that I know covers them.  The more I thought about it the more it brought despair knowing that 99.9% of Haitians have never stood under a hot steaming shower - PRE-earthquake let alone now.  

Most have never even had the experience of standing under a little trickle or weak stream of cold water, or maybe slightly warmed by the sun.  Those would be the lucky ones who had a big refillable water tank on their roof.   A cold bucket bath is the norm.  Just another minor daily occurrence that we take for granted.  It's hard to understand all of this exists an hour and half from Miami

No comments:

Post a Comment



EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

FOR HAITI BLOG POSTS




GRACE HOUSE OF HOPE, HAITI
PHOTOS
VIDEOS