5.08.2010

Haiti - Meeting Her People

Met a young woman and her new baby that live on Marie’s compound today. The baby is a newborn and looked so angelic, smiling and beautiful. I can’t help but think what awaits him when he grows, struggling to get a good education, constant worry about meeting his basic needs and working for wages next to nothing. I ask myself why would someone want to bring a baby into this kind of a world, especially since the recent earthquake. As I spend more time getting to know Haiti and its people I am reminded of three important blessings God has taught us, faith, hope and most importantly, love. Without these, how could the people we meet still be marrying for life long commitments and having their firstborn be so happy , orphan children continuing to dream of growing up to be doctors and young orphan girls who once very shy, open their loving hearts unconditionally to perfect strangers serving in the name of our Lord and Savior. They are teaching and reminding us about the joys of a simple life. I know I can find it in my heart to keep helping them no matter how small a difference, can you?
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment



EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

FOR HAITI BLOG POSTS




GRACE HOUSE OF HOPE, HAITI
PHOTOS
VIDEOS